The Esports Trade Association Welcomes Distinguished Cohort of 2022 Board of DirectorsNovember 24, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Megan Van Petten | [email protected]
November 18, 2021
The Esports Trade Association Welcomes Distinguished Cohort of 2022 Board of Directors
Accomplished Array of Professionals Reflect the Diversity of Association Membership
Chicago - The Esports Trade Association (ESTA) is pleased to announce a new 2022 Board of Directors. The ESTA board is comprised of talented, diverse individuals across a multitude of businesses in the ever-growing esports industry. John Davidson, of Davidson Learning Company & Production Resource Group, returns as board Chair. Sharon Gill, Sharon Gill International, Inc., returns as Chief Leadership Strategist and Ex-officio Member. Megan Van Petten, ESTA Founder, returns as Managing Director.
“The esports industry continues to grow with roots in communities across the country and around the globe,” Mr. Davidson said. “As board chair for a second term, I am excited to continue working alongside our industry’s great leaders to ensure that our efforts support new and established stakeholders, improve business practices throughout the industry, and ultimately, enable gamers to enjoy more of what we love.”
“I am pleased with the diversity on our 2022 board. We have a wonderful balance of gender, industry, age, and experience,” Ms. Gill said. “We look forward to the benefits this will yield, not only for our equally diverse membership, but for the esports industry at large.”
Members of ESTA’s Board of Directors serve a 1-year term and participate in monthly meetings that help shape the association’s programs, policies, and initiatives. There are 13 members on ESTA’s board.
Announcing the 2022 ESTA’s Board of Directors:
- Brandon Brunhammer, Solution Architect, AVI-SPL, ESTA Vice Chair
- Mike Bynum, Senior Associate, FedTech, ESTA Treasurer
- John Davidson, Founder, Davidson Learning Company, ESTA Board Chair
- Rebecca Dixon, Co-founder and CEO, the*gameHERs
- Leslie Fitzsimmons, Head of Marketing, FITGMR
- Anthony Gaud, Founder, The Gaud-Hammer Gaming Group
- Sharon Gill, Chief Leadership Strategist & Purpose Centered Business Coach, Sharon Gill International, Inc., ESTA Ex-Officio Member
- Johnathan Jordan, Attorney, Kane Russell Coleman Logan PC
- Rick Starr, Co-Founder and CEO, Five
- Megan Van Petten, CEO, Van Petten Group, ESTA Founder & Managing Director
- Jared Vasiliauskas, Attorney, Power & Cronin, ESTA Secretary
- April Welch, Associate Vice President for Strategic Initiatives, Illinois Institute of Technology
“We are excited to forge a path that positively impacts the esports industry with our newly elected and appointed board members,” Megan Van Petten, ESTA Founder and Managing Director, said. “The ESTA Board or Directors provides critical guidance and decision making for our industry and this year, our plans for success have already been put in motion by the commitment from these esports industry leaders.”
Media inquiries are welcome. Please contact Megan Van Petten at [email protected] for press credentials and more information
What is the Esports Trade Association?
The ESTA promotes, protects, and advances the broader interests of the esports community. We provide forward-thinking professional development programs, networking opportunities, relevant industry research, and valuable tools and resources to the membership. The Level-Up Fund is a charitable initiative created by ESTA to further promote, protect, and advance the broader interests of the esports community. With the expansive growth the esports industry is currently facing, we believe it is important to give back to organizations that will further impact the industry and will provide assistance to those in need.
Categorized in: Esports News, ESTA News, In the News, Press Releases